"fixing" RCS files

Tara Andrews chrysaphi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 07:37:49 GMT 2006

On 2/1/06, jesse <jesse at fsck.com> wrote:

> man co gets:
>

>        -kk    Generate only keyword names in keyword strings; omit their  val-
>               ues.   See  KEYWORD  SUBSTITUTION  below.   For example, for the
>               Revision keyword, generate  the  string  $Revision$  instead  of
>               $Revision:  5.13 $.  This option is useful to ignore differences
>               due to keyword substitution when comparing  different  revisions
>               of  a file.  Log messages are inserted after $Log$ keywords even
>               if -kk is specified, since this tends to  be  more  useful  when
>               merging changes.
>

> Which may point at the codepath to neuter.

Thing is, I have RCS files that are full of log messages that need to
be removed.  So it's not just a matter of removing the codepath that
generates the log; it's a matter of having a program that will do the
actual surgery on an RCS file and remove all the revision log stuff
that is there.  That's why I am posting to a perl list.  I want to do
extraction of crap from a mostly-text file, after all.

-tara