[RFC] New website

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Feb 2 12:05:44 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 08:11:11PM +0000, drkjam wrote:
> evil software on my machine instantly disables (Mozilla|Firefox) as
> soon as it is installed and you get nasty mails with links to internal
> company compliance docs.

Hmm.. Out of interest, could you try installing one of the betas, since
the dev versions aren't called Mozilla - eg. beta of Firefox 1.5 was Deer
Park.

Although IMO it's better to try and work towards changing company policy
rather than getting in trouble by working around it.

Or, hey.. the market seems good for IT jobs at the moment - if an employer
bites, it's probably possible to move to one that sucks less fairly readily.
It would be amusing to be able to put "Mindless IT policies" down on your exit
interview.

(BTW, I'm not totally serious here. *waves to potential future employers
googling my name in the future*)

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world