khtml2png results without khtml2png

Chisel Wright chisel at
Tue Feb 7 17:28:26 GMT 2006

At $workplace we'd like to take local HTML (with assets) and generate a
thumbnail of the rendered page.

We've found khtml2png, but that requires KDE to be installed, and it's
not really something that we can sanely run on a server.
[scary stuff with taking actual screenshots as I understand]

Has anyone already been down this road and have a [perl based if
possible] solution?

I feel like there ought to be a way to do something along the lines of
using some html rendering library (gecko?) to render straight to
jpg/png, but googling hasn't come up with anything I've been able to

Chisel Wright
e: chisel at

This is not an automated signature. I type this in to the bottom of every