news feeds

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Thu Feb 9 11:55:55 GMT 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:42:05AM +0000, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 10:58, Simon Wistow wrote:

> > It even validates as HTML 4.01. Well, the front page does anyway.

> It'll validate as XHTML strict next time it's built :-)

Insert my usual rant on client side XHTML being worse then client side
HTML on the WWW.

(Nutshell version: As application/xhtml+xml it sees poor support among
browsers (no IE. Firefox not as good at it as at HTML. etc). As
text/html there is no benefit to using it over real HTML, and Appendix
C is a joke (depending on browsers having bugs in their HTML parsers
to work)).