Young Whisky

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Feb 17 16:32:02 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 04:14:32PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:

> One handy thing about single malts is that even the most incompetent
> landlord can't do much to ruin it, compared to the vile things they manage
> to do to bitter.

CUSFS drank Newcastle Brown when it met in New Hall bar for this same reason.
(Although the bitter started out as Greene King before the landlord even got
his hands on it, so he wasn't dealt a winning hand)

Something I don't understand about Newcastle Brown - why is it sold as draft
in the US? Real Newcastle Brown comes in 550ml bottles. (Danish pubs please
take note)

Nicholas Clark