using ICQ2000.pm

Peter peter at aragos.ru
Sat Feb 18 12:19:04 GMT 2006

>Try Net::OSCAR instead, works for me (or did last I used it),

Did you used it with ICQ (not AOL)?
Now I tryed it, it do not work. Cannot sign in in icq server.

According to documentation (http://www.zevils.com/programs/net-oscar/net-oscar.html),
its ICQ features was not tested and developed as well as AOL ones.

Net::OSCAR last release was 06 feb, but it is seems, ICQ protocol was changed about week ago (ICQ2000 was working correct till last weekend, but since last week started it does not work anymore).

It is seems I catch the protocol changes. The incoming message's bytes decoding method was changed. May be I can workaround it.