[JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer

Peter Hickman peter at semantico.com
Wed Feb 22 11:00:57 GMT 2006

O'Shaughnessy, Jamie wrote:
> You seem to get a lot of people that have done what may be some interesting web work, but it's very small scale and they only have experience of working in very small teams and often have very limited software engineering experience. I've found it only too common that their perl knowledge is "user level" at best - ask them to explain the difference between my and local and they may just muddle through, start talking about stashes, closures, etc and they're totally lost.

A little worrisome this, I couldn't tell you the difference between
local and my, I could probably muddle through our. I do know closures
but what's a stash? I would like to think that I am at least competent
after all these years but it sounds like I would probably fail.
> My final test is always - do I want to sit next to this person for most of my working day, can I get on with them, have a laugh, etc. (and will they feel the same way about me!).

What is your favourite CivIV leader :)