[JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Thu Feb 23 12:44:18 GMT 2006

On 23 Feb 2006, at 11:42, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> Out of interest, why is it "bad" to write higher-order functions? I'd
> say that was about the neatest way to make specific functionality more
> generic when refactoring.

Quite so. At best it facilitates turning Perl into a domain specific
language in which you can then express the logic of whatever you're
doing with great clarity.

Anyway, what about beauty? There's still room for that in
programming, right?

I find it quite difficult to maintain highly maintainable code (for
certain definitions of 'highly maintainable'); it's so dull to look
at, so plodding and predictable that I can't concentrate on it :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net