Replacing the camera

Toby Corkindale tjc at
Thu Feb 23 18:23:02 GMT 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 02:22:19PM +0000, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 02:07:44PM +0000, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> > So for ~400 UKP can anyone suggest a better general purpose digital
> > camera than the Fuji S9500.
> Casio Exilim EX-Z600 is 350GBP and quite nice! My girlfriend has the
> EX-Z750 which is about 220-250GBP, I've been thinking of buying the Z600
> for myself. But I'd really rather have a dSLR with interchangeable
> lenses, a hotshoe, etc. If you want a point'n'shoot, the Exilim Zoom
> series seem pretty good, especially given they're smaller than a pack of
> fags.

Watch out and read some reviews first though. I forget which ones, but some of
the smaller cameras have tremendously terrible noise in the images. Can't find
which Casio model a friend has that demonstrates it right now, the issue
applies to many of the miniature digicams.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world
(gpg --keyserver --recv-key B1CCF88E)