units (Re: DAB [was Re: Books & Audiobooks (was [JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer)])

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 26 11:31:40 GMT 2006

James Mastros wrote:
> execption of the power cable, they build the same everywhere, or at most
> in two versions (PAL or NTSC, 120 or 240 V, 50 or 60 Hz).   You'll
> notice that power chords are often seperate parts as well.

You can get 12/24V supplies as well - for boats,cars,RVs etc.

In a review I read some years ago, one really unlucky customer ended up
with one and had one hell of a time trying to get the supplier to
replace it.  And yes they shipped him a 240V mains lead!

I have never seen one myself - we have the lappie for hols, and if we
planned to install a PC into the RV (probably to replace the aging
distribution/power management system) I would either (get someone to)
chop up a lappie or use a low power embedded fanless doofus.