Devel::LeakTrace

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 1 13:06:55 GMT 2006

Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2006, at 12:30, Aaron Trevena wrote:
>
>> Usual practice is to report any clear bugs on rt, possibly mention
>> your feelings in cpan rantings about what you don't like (i.e. the
>> stuff that isn't very helpful in a bug report), and send a long
>> helpful email to the author - then wait a little more than 48 hours
>> for a response.
>

> So it's rude just to rewrite it then? :)

I would have though so - feed the changes back to the author but if they
do not accept them (they have the right to refuse) then you have to
either fork or keep a patch & apply as required.

We usually feed changes back to the author having created test cases for
before and after, making sure the change is minimum reqd and has no
side effects. It can take a while to do this and somethimes takes over a
month to get a positive response, so patience is reqd :-)

We currently have four such modules that have elicited negative of no
response from the author. We keep patches for all of them.

Jacqui