[ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social - Tomorrow, Thursday March 2nd @ The Star, Belgravia

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 2 09:23:24 GMT 2006

Barbie wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 06:32:04PM +0000, Nigel Rantor wrote:
>
>>Simon Wistow wrote:
>>
>>>Once again it's that time. Again.
>>
>>I may be in the area, and I may be in need of booze. What time are
>>people arriving?
>

> Well the yokels are turning up just after 6pm. Assuming we can find a
> suitable place to leave the pack horse and cart ;)

That brings up a question. It has been a long time since I drove into
london proper (UKUUG meet to see PP demo). That meet was 7ish and we
found it pretty easy to park.

I noticed that the map shows a number of 'P' signs near the meet. How
difficult would it be to drive in and find a place to park without
incurring the dreaded congestion tax and a massive parking bill?

Also If I do drive in I would be happy to pick up anyone else coming in
on the same route(ish) - to the cars limit of course. Depending upon
reply, I may already be detouring via Woking.

Jacqui