[ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social - Tomorrow, Thursday March 2nd @ The Star, Belgravia

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Mar 2 22:51:46 GMT 2006

Greg McCarroll <greg at mccarroll.org.uk> wrote:

> Thats a bit harsh in terms of language, remember they act differently when
> they are down in London, what with the horseless carriages, magical
> lanterns that run without oil				      ^^^^^^^
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Useless factoid: The Black Country was one of the first bits of the country
to get electricity due to all the industry there at the time.

Unless you're unfortunate enough to live near Selly Oak where the reclosers
are a bit twitchy, the power in Birmingham is excellent and never failed
while I was living there.

One thing I have noticed is that the best way to make the power in an area
super crap is to drop an ISP in the middle of it. I lived just 13 doors down
from Mailbox and the power was up and down like a whore's knickers. Now I
share a village with UKS and it's equally bad.

I'm not sure whether it's the ISP's power draw helping the fuses to blow, or
just Murphy having a laugh.

--
The difference between literature and journalism is that journalism is
unreadable and literature is unread.