amazon quits sluff because the peeps canna talk propa

Randy J. Ray rjray at blackperl.com
Sat Mar 4 22:09:40 GMT 2006

> "Amazon has decided to relocate its customer service centre to Cork in a
> bid to take advantage of stronger language skills in Ireland."

Heh... reminds me of a fairly-recent story in which a Japanese automaker
(Toyota, I think) pulled out of plans to locate a plant in Mississippi and
place it in Canada, instead. The reason? Several other makers (I think one was
Honda) warned them that the workforce there was so badly-educated, they had had
to translate much of their training manuals into pictorials.

I *wish* I were kidding.

> "The news can only make things worse for Slough - long regarded as
> Britain's most depressing place to live and visit."

OK. That place gets added to the list of sights to see. Anything that rates
that kind of description has to be experienced first-hand.

Randy
Randy J. Ray        Campbell, CA    http://www.rjray.org   rjray at blackperl.com

Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org