amazon quits sluff because the peeps canna talk propa

Rev Simon Rumble simon at
Mon Mar 6 12:12:54 GMT 2006

On 6/3/2006, "David Cantrell" <david at> wrote:

>I can't help but think that Amazon had trouble recruiting because they
>were in Slough and no-one wanted to go there, not because there aren't
>enough French and German speakers here.

Exactly.  If this were really behind the move, they'd be relocating to
Strasbourg, where finding English speakers wouldn't be as difficult as
finding French and German speakers (or anyone, really) who want to work
in the arse end of the universe.  Cork Airport Industrial Estate
certainly doesn't bring bucolic vistas to mind.

Far more likely to be Ireland's lower tax rates and Cork's role as a
major cargo hub.