Groovy Work

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 11:12:06 GMT 2006

On 07/03/06, Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/7/06, Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk> wrote:
> > Personally I get some of my best ideas in the shower, it is also a good
> > place to straighten out knotty programming problems. All work places
> > should provide them.
>
> We have a shower. It's not pretty. It's used by a few eccentrics,
> whose personal hygiena is not perfect anyway, and to wash stuff when
> the lavabos are clogged. I wouldn't put a foot on it even for a dozen
> free lunches.
>
> (Yes, it's in France :)

We had a shower at Inty - I don't know if the new offices will have
one, but it's pretty essential if you are cycling to work every day -
splash washing in a tiny basin every morning after a 30 to 45 minute
cycle to the office is the suxxor.

Having said that I've had tube journeys where I've arrived at the
office and could have done with a shower more than if I cycled.

A.