TT on teh 1rc

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu Mar 16 17:52:59 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:22:42AM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz said:
> HOWEVER, since the list is broken, you don't get to do what you want.

Wow. It's like it's 2001 again.

Ages ago, when you bought this up (again) on (void), I wrote this page

http://thegestalt.org/simon/replytorant.html

which neatly summarises both sides of the argument. Of course it's
*slightly* biased because I like ReplyTo munging. Feel free to hate me.

You know what would be cool - if someone wrote a Mailing List Manager in
Perl. And it included per-user ReplyTo munging. That'd be cool, huh!
Then everyone would hack on it! And marmosets would foxtrot with
capuccins!

I'll look at setting up london.pm-pure which resends messages to and
from london.pm but without the reply-to munging.

Simon