About software suspend on linux... [Was: Re: Request for Experiences - Dell Inspiron 630M]

Luis Motta Campos monsieur_champs at yahoo.com.br
Mon Mar 27 10:28:06 BST 2006

Aaron Trevena wrote:
> I bought a HP/Compaq nx6110 about 18  months ago and the battery life
   Hum... exactly the same model. I'm using Debian 3.1 + testing upgrade.
   Mine is newer, got it just 60 days ago.

> Anyway, both my wifes and my laptops (both HP) have worked without
> problem for close to 2 years, and both were around the 500 quid mark.

   :-) I have better luck with wifes -- we're toghether for about 4
years, now. This makes me wonder about my luck with the laptop...

> I have to say I would be gutted to move to a different laptop after
> this one as it's slim, looks nice and is very comfortable to use, the
> only thing missing is the ability to software suspend from linux -
> it's possible but I can't be bothered to play with it.

   That's strange. Mine Just Works (tm). No complex configuration, no
kernel updates (using 2.6.15), no adjusts at all...

  Luis Motta Campos is Software Engineer, Oracle OCP/DBA, Un*x
  Sysadmin, Member of {Lisbon,São Paulo,Cascavel,Brasil,London}
  Perl Mongers and Perl Fanatic Evangelist