Blosxom and friends

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Mar 28 22:02:17 BST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 05:51:34PM +0100, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
> On 28 Mar 2006, at 17:22, David Cantrell wrote:
> >I want to be notified by email whenever a comment is made though, so
> >plain ol writeback isn't enough.
> roight. wouldn't you be happy with rss for comments?

They serve different purposes.  RSS is a subscription to read something,
but timeliness is of no consequence.  I want email notification so I can
whack comment spammers.  I read my email more often than my RSS thingy
runs, and I want to be able to whack them as soon as possible.

  engineer: n. one who, regardless of how much effort he puts in
    to a job, will never satisfy either the suits or the scientists