Sharing mouse & keyboard

Leo Lapworth leo at cuckoo.org
Fri Mar 31 11:04:55 BST 2006

On 31 Mar 2006, at 10:44, David Dorward wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 10:36:21AM +0100, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>> I have four monitor rig spread over a OS X and a linux box, two
>> each. I
>> keep instinctively moving the wrong mouse and hoping it'll bounce
>> across
>> into (onto?) the other two. That made me wonder how possible that was
>> and after a while it seemed imminently feasible to the point I
>> figured
>> someone might've done it. Anyone know of such a beast?
>
> VNC Server on the Mac
> x2vnc (and the physical mouse) on the Linux box.

Or the other way (which is what I do)

OSX2X (http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/osx2x/)

Run that on the mac, then use the GUI to do either VNC or X11 to your
Linux box(es) - or Windoz if that's running VNC.

Works very well, although I can only copy/paste OSX->Windoz, not the
other
way for some reason :(

Leo