monday morning pick me up

James Davis jamesd at jml.net
Mon Apr 3 11:45:01 BST 2006

Dirk Koopman wrote:

> It seems to be very difficult to get a "middle of the road" jobbing perl
> programmer. One that a) knows perl reasonably well, b) writes straight
> forward, easy to read code and c) is not a zealot on some particular
> aspect of the language that no-one else really understands or cares
> about which then gets in the (different) way of point b).

I'd like to class myself in the middle of the road. I'm comfortable
undertaking most tasks in perl even if I do have to look up
documentation now and again for things that I've not touched in a while.
I'm certainly not an expert and sometimes the discussion on here goes
over my head no matter how hard I try.

I do write straight forward code but probably because I learnt the hard
way - by inheriting an uncommented code base which had never had the
benefit of any form of source control despite having multiple authors.

James