What TPF should do

Dean Wilson dwilson at unixdaemon.net
Mon Apr 3 17:56:02 BST 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 11:29:58AM -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> We've already got plenty to do as it is.  Anyone want to help me
> write press releases?  Who wants to help organize YAPC::NA?  Who
> wants to help with Ovid's "perceptions of Perl" project to make Perl
> more palatable to Big Business?   Who's helping answer the mail that
> gets sent in to perl.org?

I'm always worried about joining this kind of thread, I'm not that
involved in the Perl community anymore and always assume there are sites
I don't know about that discuss this kind of thing, but I'll ask anyway,
where are the calls for volunteers and the tasks the TPF would like help
on advertised?

I've looked at http://www.perlfoundation.org/contribute.html in the past
and it doesn't really give me an idea if there is anything I can
contribute. I want to look at the things people want help with and think
"I can attempt that" or "I have that much time to donate this month"
without having to join multiple lists, read X blogs and do IRC. Where's the
todo list? ;)

I did like Adams idea of an "Ideas Market", it'd give people a list
of possibly neat projects to get involved in and provide an actual
first step.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand