What TPF should do

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 18:50:14 BST 2006

On 03/04/06, Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> wrote:
> We've already got plenty to do as it is.  Anyone want to help me
> write press releases?  Who wants to help organize YAPC::NA?  Who
> wants to help with Ovid's "perceptions of Perl" project to make Perl
> more palatable to Big Business?   Who's helping answer the mail that
> gets sent in to perl.org?

Cool - stuff that I might be able to do.

Not so cool, why didn't I know about them? I read use.perl, I read
blog.tpf, I read london.pm - is there a secret page somewhere that
lists this stuff because I'd find it handy.

I'd like to do something, currently it takes a lot of free time to
keep my cpan modules up to date, but if there are things I can do if I
have a free evening or a couple of free evenings, then just say where.

If I could see at a glance a job I could do, when I had the time to do
it, I would. I guess other people would too.

If I got an email of stuff that needs doing once a week or every day,
I would probably ignore it 90% of the time, but 10% or 1% of the time
I could and would do something useful.

I could be over-estimating how useful my simple brain and limited
knowledge can be in the space or an evening or two, I don't want to
waste any volunteers time because I know how hard it is to come by and
not to waste.

cheers,

A.