monday morning pick me up

David Cantrell david at
Mon Apr 3 23:42:54 BST 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 11:11:37AM +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> It seems to be very difficult to get a "middle of the road" jobbing perl
> programmer. One that a) knows perl reasonably well, b) writes straight
> forward, easy to read code and c) is not a zealot on some particular
> aspect of the language
> Perl also seems to be a very difficult language to test "competence"
> in.

I think that the test we set people applying for perl jobs at Outcome is
pretty good.  It certainly copes with finding who passes/fails your
a and b.  But I'm not going to tell you lot what it is in case you ever
apply for a job with us.

David Cantrell | random organic glop and a metric fuckton of electricity

    The Law of Daves: in any gathering of technical people, the
    number of Daves will be greater than the number of women.