three counties-pm anyone :-)

Dr Adam J Trickett adam at iredale.net
Wed Apr 5 13:07:08 BST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 at 05:29:15PM +0100, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> Ok so the trip into the smoke is a long one for us yokels out in the
> sticks - also there seems to be a few really good perl shops
> in this area so...
>
> Assuming there are enough peeps interested I am giving serious
> consideration to a "thames valley" or "three counties" meeting for all
> those huddled masses who cannot endure the cattle wagon trip into and
> out of "thar big city".
>
> The big question
> ----------------
> Who to the west of london (I am smack dab on the surrey/hants/berks
> borders) is even remotely interested in meeting up for socials
> and other stuff around the following locations.
>
>  1) Reading/bracknell/maidenhead/windor
>  2) Camberley/farnborough/aldershot/guildford
>  3) anywhere else that may end up being central.
>
> I assumed reading/guildford as they are the main rail hubs in this neck
> of the woods.

Hampshire has an active Linux User Group, and plenty of Perl users but no pm. Those
of us in the north of the county can easily get to Basingstoke, Reading and Woking
along the Exeter-Waterloo line and the M3. Those in the south can get to Basingstoke,
and Guildford easily enough. The Hants-LUG have Bring a box meetings in Aldershot.

I can cross-post this to the Hants-LUG to see if there is any extra interest,
the Hants-LUG would be happy to jointly host an event I'm sure.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
	-- anon