Targeted CPAN SPAM

Paul Makepeace london.pm.org at paulm.com
Thu Apr 6 17:08:38 BST 2006

I get a ton of spam through my CPAN address but for the first time one
that is actually aimed at perl & CPAN users. I for one am not
particularly bothered about this.

----- Forwarded message from Maxipoint Tech Support <tech at maxipoint.info> -----

From: Maxipoint Tech Support <tech at maxipoint.info>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 15:31:31 +0000
To: pause.perl.org at paulm.com
Subject: Useful info for CPAN module authors
	autolearn=no version=3.1.0

Hello,

I am found your CPAN Perl module by cpan.org today. I am one of tech people by www.maxipointservers.net hosting company what support Perl and Perl Catalyst Framework developers.

You as CPAN module developer can receive DOUBLE web space as normal customer by maxipointservers.net and FREE Perl Catalyst Framework (http://www.catalystframework.org) included ($36 value). Catalyst Framework is really surprising Perl solution, but 98% of hosting companies still not support Catalyst.

www.maxipointservers.net have radically low cost web hosting packages with FREE .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .us, .name, but you as CPAN author can be have more 'sponsored' features: simply, inform Maxipoint support that you are CPAN module author.

If you have any new ideas about possible sponsoring Perl community you can submit your sponsoring advices here:

http://w3.maxipointservers.net/web/contact.html

Best Regards!
-GP, Maxipoint Tech Support

----- End forwarded message -----