Targeted CPAN SPAM

Matt S Trout dbix-class at
Thu Apr 6 17:27:14 BST 2006

I wouldn't mind if they hadn't spammed the catalyst list as well, plus the
fact that the server in question has about 300 ports open including a couple
that are normally only used by trojans.

Abuse Reports Have Been Sent.

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> I get a ton of spam through my CPAN address but for the first time one
> that is actually aimed at perl & CPAN users. I for one am not
> particularly bothered about this.
> ----- Forwarded message from Maxipoint Tech Support <tech at> -----
> From: Maxipoint Tech Support <tech at>
> Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 15:31:31 +0000
> To: at
> Subject: Useful info for CPAN module authors
> 	autolearn=no version=3.1.0
> Hello,
> I am found your CPAN Perl module by today. I am one of tech people by hosting company what support Perl and Perl Catalyst Framework developers.
> You as CPAN module developer can receive DOUBLE web space as normal customer by and FREE Perl Catalyst Framework ( included ($36 value). Catalyst Framework is really surprising Perl solution, but 98% of hosting companies still not support Catalyst.
> have radically low cost web hosting packages with FREE .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .us, .name, but you as CPAN author can be have more 'sponsored' features: simply, inform Maxipoint support that you are CPAN module author.
> If you have any new ideas about possible sponsoring Perl community you can submit your sponsoring advices here:
> Best Regards!
> -GP, Maxipoint Tech Support
> ----- End forwarded message -----

Shadowcat Systems Ltd.  mst (at) for more information

+ Help us build a better perl ORM: +