Suggestions other than grep -b3 :-)

McGlinchy, Alistair Alistair.McGlinchy at
Thu Apr 13 15:52:03 BST 2006

Depending on the style of code it could be useful. It won't catch
everything and it will find false positives

$/ = '\nsub';
while (<DATA>)  {
    if   (/ \b
                    my  \s+  (\$\S+) \b
                    my  \s+  \1      \b
          /sxm ) {
        print "duplicate 'my'ing of $1 found in\nsub $_";

Registered Office:
Marks and Spencer plc
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670