[OT] Linux-worthy laptop recommendations

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Wed May 3 21:39:22 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 17:07, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for a laptop make/model which Linux will run
> on as a desktop machine, minimum 1GB RAM, cost under £1000.

I'm quite keen on Sony Vaios this one is a three or so year old
PCG-Z1RMP dual booting Mandrake and XP Professional and I have brand new
VGN-S415N which is running SuSE and modulo a little fiddling around with
disabling the ACPI to get it to boot in order to fidle with the PCMCIA
in order to turn the ACPI back on to get the ipw2200 driver to work it
works like a charm.

/J\