Perl API to Lucene

Thomas Busch tbusch at cpan.org
Wed May 3 17:30:53 BST 2006

Hi all,

for everyone who is interested in high-performance
full text search, I've written a module that
interfaces perl with the C++ port of Lucene
and that maps the original Lucene API nearly 1:1
bringing Lucene's full power to perl.

I'm looking for people who have big data sets
(> 5.000.000 items) and are willing to do tests
and at the same time improve the module and
maybe fix bugs.

It will be released on CPAN as "Lucene" and is
written in XS.

I will be at the London.pm meeting tomorrow
probably at around 7.30pm, so don't hesitate to
contact me if you're interested.

Thomas.