stripping email addresses out of word docs

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Thu May 4 10:25:38 BST 2006

A friend has taken over management of heap of contracts but
there is no database - just a pile of word documents
(thankfully electronic copies not paper!)

What he plans to do is email each of the clients however
manually searching for >400+ email addresses in word docs
will take him weeks.

He asked my if I knew if perl could do this for him - I don't
but I though I would ask if anyone has done anything similar?

Note that he is happy to have to clean the data manually
he is just after somethign that will do most of the work for him.

Jacqui