New books from Apress

Peter Corlett abuse at
Sun May 21 13:34:12 BST 2006

David Cantrell <david at> wrote:
> On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 10:39:51PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> I can't quite decide whether the assembler should generate x86 or 6502 code,
> Neither. It should use the local assembler. I might want to run it on a
> PPC machine, or a Sparc.

x86 would cover 95% of users though. For what would already be a fairly
pointless project, adding fringe architectures would be doubly pointless.

You are of course welcome to write an assembler for SPARC, PPC, m68k,
zSeries or whatever else floats your boat.

PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at for full key