New books from Apress

Andy Armstrong andy at
Mon May 22 12:55:24 BST 2006

On 22 May 2006, at 10:39, Peter Corlett wrote:
> Is this releasable yet? I'd love to have a play.

Yup. Here you go. Please only use the BASIC rom image if you have a
real Beeb in the loft :)

Only enough O/S stuff supported to get it running and support LOAD
and SAVE - other things (sound etc) will produce error message. Ctrl-
C not trapped yet - I'm planning to map it to Escape. OSCLI (*
commands) are passed to the shell so

would list files. *quit (redundantly given the non-trapping of
SIGINT) gets you out.

To test it I built the same thing in C using an existing 6502
emulator and made both of them produce trace output in the same
format - then I ran a bunch of little tests in Basic and compared the
traces - so the instruction set is only tested as far as BBC Basic
exercises it.

Andy Armstrong,