Cough, AJAX

Dominic Mitchell dom at
Wed May 24 20:11:13 BST 2006

Andy Armstrong wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an up to date book on dynamic web stuff with JS?
> Something heavy on accurate technical detail and light on fluff would be
> splendid :)

Seeing as nobody else has mentioned it, I personally quite like
Prototype.  It's pretty simple to get used to.  Whilst there aren't any
official docs, there are a couple of good introductory articles:

There are also a couple of good "reference" type sites that I found useful.

Eventually there will be a book on Prototype:

I also found the source pretty easy to navigate when I wanted to know
exactly what was going on.

 From what I've seen of dojo, prototype feels a lot more lightweight and
more like a functional language.

Whatever you do, though, make sure you use a library.  No point in
reinventing the wheel...