Sending mail with attachments from a shell script

Benjamin Smith bsmith at
Thu Jun 8 16:17:46 BST 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 03:02:15PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> I ruled out mutt because the script is running from a cronjob, and there
> are things in my .muttrc which aren't available to cron jobs, and so
> mutt still works but whinges to STDERR.  I'd not considered pine.  I try
> not to usually.

mutt has -F and -n options.  So 'mutt -F /dev/null' would get rid of
your persona settings but keep system settings such as the sendmail
command to use.

Benjamin Smith <bsmith at, benjaminsmith86 at>