A Challenge!

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Jun 8 21:19:51 BST 2006

Jacqui Caren <jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Peter Corlett wrote:
>> Whenever I take a Perl job, I seem to end up being handed a pager and the
>> root password to some recalcitrant servers within days...
> Have you mastered the magic word?

Is that the same word I can't quite master when somebody's offering to buy
me another drink?

Usually I have to patiently explain that my employment contract says
such-and-such hours per week, and while I'm not actually hostile to the idea
of being on call, if I'm not suitably compensated for it, I'll only be
responding to the pager between 9am and 6pm Monday through Friday.

--
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
							- Albert Einstein