[OT]: bash or any other $favourite{shell}? [was: Wish list]

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jun 9 21:31:46 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 11:29:01AM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:

> I would have thought that #!/usr/bin/env bash would fix that problem nicely,
> assuming OpenBSD and Solaris aren't playing silly buggers there too.

IIRC that'll work on those comparitively common platforms, but ...

$ uname -a
sn5176 sn5176 9.0.2.2 sin.0 CRAY Y-MP
$ ls -l /usr/bin/env
cmd-1025 ls: /usr/bin/env: No such file or directory

and I think you'll have similar problems on Irix.

    I apologize if I offended you personally,
    I intended to do it professionally.
        -- Steve Champeon, on the nanog list