[OT]: bash or any other $favourite{shell}? [was: Wish list]

paddy paddy at panici.net
Mon Jun 12 12:46:44 BST 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 01:08:24PM +0200, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 11:47:08AM +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
>
> > Ah, glad you mentioned clustered file systems: what is the clustered
> > file system du jour for Linux at the moment?
>
> Do you mean the popular and fashionable one that people are using
> currently as their preference because it is trendy and in vogue right
> now?

LOL

OK, digging the hole I'm in much deeper ...

I was thinking it might possible to serve up some shared block device
abstraction, such as I think the GFS authors were playing with, and
get an elegant, perhaps even high performance, result :-)

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall