Audio file editing software/skills

James Mastros james at mastros.biz
Wed Jun 14 15:27:27 BST 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 02:34:17PM +0100, Jess Robinson wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a piece of self-recorded audio, (of a talk), that I'd like to
> remove some clicks/crackles from.. Has anyone got any software
> recommendations or appropriate advice?
>
> Jess

After taking a look at a few of the pops in Audacity, they appear to be
samples randomly changed to -1 or 1 (er, considering the audio as
floating-point data).  I suspect normal analog filtering procedures won't
work very well to get rid of it.

Really, the best way is probably to just write it myself.

Of course, after that, it's still a muddy recording with lots of background
noise.

      -=- James Mastros