Template::Plugin::XML::Escape

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Fri Jun 16 14:45:02 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 01:43:19PM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> Quoting Toby Corkindale <tjc at wintrmute.net>:
>
> >Maybe I've just re-invented the wheel, but in case I haven't, there's a
> >very
> >simple little module I've just uploaded to CPAN:
> >Template::Plugin::XML::Escape
> >
> >It just escapes the naughty <>'"& characters into XML entities.
>
> Sounds a lot like the standard HTML filter.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Template-Toolkit/lib/Template/Manual/Filters.pod#html

Although, that doesn't (according to the POD) escape single quotes.

However, yes, that does sound it like does almost exactly the same thing.

However after searching for an appropriate module for 15 minutes, it became
quicker to do it myself rather than waste more time.

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world