Class::DBI and stalinesque hiding of THE TRUTH

Stig Brautaset stig at
Fri Jun 23 10:36:35 BST 2006

On 23 Jun 2006, at 10:10, Simon Wistow wrote:
> Is there a clever way I can do this using cunning trickery? Possibly
> views or something. My DB skills are, at present, as weak as a
> kitten on
> Ludes who's also in traction and wasn't particularly strong in the
> first
> place and used to get sand kicked in its face by other, larger kittens
> when down at the kitten beach.
> I eagerly await the fruits of your exceptional cleverity.

How could I resist such flattery?

We have something like this, where 'user_view' is a view of the
'user_table' which only has active users:

package RawUser;
use base 'Class::DBI';

package User;
use base 'RawUser';

I don't know if MySQL allows this though; we're using Pg.