RAID failure help

Earle Martin perl at
Thu Jul 6 12:36:10 BST 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 12:14:29PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> You had *clay*? We had to write in the sand with our fingers, and a
> "backup" was finding another beach further up. Why, kids these days,
> don't know they're born.

We managed to avoid this issue by moving to the desert, which had an
effectively unlimited amount of backup space. We partitioned it into
different areas to locate the data more easily. The downside was that we
would occasionally get data damage due to camels' hoofprints. The result of
this was that we would occasionally have to send messages to each other
saying "bad sector, track corruption".

Earle Martin