TT macros for Nagios configs

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Jul 7 22:12:58 BST 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 09:19:35PM +0100, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> I've spent a large part of today setting up nagios and it occurred to
> me that
> it's gagging for TT macros to generate the otherwise verbose configs.

I thought that, having inherited some truly monstrous and gnarly nagions
installations, but then we hired somebody with a lot of experience with
nagios and he showed us how much you can shrink them using wildcards and
hostgroups.  The result is much less verbose and manageable.  We would
still benefit from templating it but for different reasons.

--
Bruce

I must admit that the existence of Disneyland (which I know is real)
proves that we are not living in Judea in AD 50. -- Philip K. Dick