[JOB] BBC Perl Developer at White City

Earle Martin perl at downlode.org
Thu Jul 13 19:57:43 BST 2006

Be kind, you lot.

----- Forwarded message -----

Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:22:43 +0100
From: Stuart Wiseman <Stuart_Wiseman [at] spring [dot] com>
Subject: Job Opportunity (Perl Developer)

I am currently resourcing for a Perl Developer for the BBC based in White city
London they are looking for someone that is available with in the next two
weeks for an initial 3-month contract and would be interested in discussing
this opportunity with you. Could you please give me a call to discuss? I look
forward to talking with you soon.

Run Down
Must have at least 2 years experience of apache modules (mod perl),perl cgi,
html, xml / xslt, Unix and sql based databases. As well as experience of UML,
SCRUM and extreme programming. This is a great opportunity to work for a large
blue chip company based in central - west London.

Experience of some of the following would be desirable, c++, java, J2ME and WML
(Wireless Mark-up Language).
Experience of Agile software development practices is desirable but not
essential.

AIMS OF THE JOB

?To undertake and be responsible for the development of Interactive, new media,
web and TV services within a large group of software engineers ?

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

To contribute to the initial scoping phase.
Build and test software engineering codes (i.e Perl scripts and modules,
database schema and scripts) according to technical specification.

Kind regards

Stuart

[contact details cut for the archive, I'll pass them on if you're
interested -- EM]

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Earle Martin