Recommend a module, any module

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Mon Jul 17 10:44:36 BST 2006

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 07:23:54AM +0100, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> I'm working on a module (GPS::Babel - a wrapper for (duh) gpsbabel)
> and I have the unusual luxury of starting with a blank slate. I'd
> like to stay as close as possible to CPAN best practice so can any
> of you connoisseurs recommend a module you've seen recently that has
> great documentation, good tests and generally gets it right?

I recently persuaded a friend to release some useful code to CPAN by
offering to deal with packaging it up into a distribution.

This involved running Module::Starter and an extra hour writing tests
based on the new module's documentation.

Having fiddled round with h2xs for creating pure Perl modules in the
past, I really appreciate how easy Module::Starter makes this.

Tom