Webserver/app in a box

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 16:35:43 BST 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Alex Knowles <teamster_jr at yahoo.co.uk>

> > IIRC there's a nicely packaged apache+perl+...
> > installer for win32
> > available, can't remember where though.
>
> vanilla perl?
>
> http://vanillaperl.com/

If you consider that route, you should at least take a look at Strawberry Perl (listed on the same page).  Like Vanilla Perl, it's not ready for production code, but you can read more at http://search.cpan.org/dist/Perl-Dist-Strawberry/lib/Perl/Dist/Strawberry.pm

Since it includes a compiler and dmake, it's getting close to a fully-functional Perl distribution for Win32 environments.  Thus, we'll no longer be tied to a certain company which isn't really too concerned about the quality of modules it makes available ...

They could use testers, bug reports, feedback, encouragement, and so on.

Cheers,
Ovid