fastcgi vs mod_perl

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 16:44:31 BST 2006

On 19/07/06, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did a comparison a LONG time ago and recommended FCGI to $client, so
> they went mod_perl. Hi Leo!
>
> Then FCGI died.
>
> Then FCGI lives again and is the recommended way of running Catalyst.
>
> I doubt there's a lot in it; you'll get more out of coding right and
> saved admin hassle (unless you have an experienced mod_perl wrangler).

I find the more important thing to be which offers the features you
need, if you only want Apache::Registry and Apache::DBI features,
combined with not invoking perl on each request then FCGI is the
easiest option - if you're writing something that you want to interact
more with Apache then mod_perl is yer best bet.

Cheers,

A.