fastcgi vs mod_perl

Dirk Koopman djk at
Wed Jul 19 17:26:05 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 10:40 -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2006, at 10:19 AM, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> > Has anyone done any benchmarking of fastcgi vs mod_perl at all?
> Do you think there's any possibility that people have NOT?
> I suggest going to Google and typing in "mod_perl fastcgi benchmark".

Strangely, I thought that Google might be a good place to look as well.

So I did (something close to) that and found just one, rather old,
non-partisan (ie not on FastCGI or lighttpd's list archive) reasonable
test (which comes down toward FastCGI, or in fact, anything except

However the date of that benchmark

is 2002 and apache has moved on quite a bit and I was wondering if there
was anything newer.

But thank you all for your other, more useful, comments.