BerkeleyDB locking subsystem

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Tue Aug 1 12:44:50 BST 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 07:19:53PM +0200, Thomas Busch wrote:
> that's exactly what I did but perl doesn't allow to catch the kill -9
> signal (probably with a reason). My problem occurs when a users
> abruptly ends a CGI script.

It's Unix that won't let you catch a SIGKILL.  You also are prevented
from catching SIGSTOP.  It's designed to be a way for the administrator
to say "this process really needs to die now"...

Of course, if the process is stuck deep inside the kernel, it's possible
for it to have the appearance of not being killed by a SIGKILL.  If that
happens, file a bug about your O/S.

-Dom