Architecturally interesting pubs

Struan Donald lpm at exo.org.uk
Thu Aug 3 14:50:40 BST 2006

* at 03/08 14:52 +0100 David Cantrell said:
> I'm trying to put together a crawl of architecturally interesting pubs.
>
> On my list so far:
>   Champion, Wells St, for the fabulous stained glass;
>   Princess Louise, High Holborn, for the ridiculous interior;
>   George, Borough High St;
>   Jerusalem Tavern, Britton St;
>   Blackfriar;
>   Cittie of Yorke, Holborn;
>
> Hmm, that's a worrying number of Sam Smiths pubs there.
>
> Any more suggestions?

I'm unfamiliar with most of these so I've no idea if it's doubling up
in an architectural way but there's the Old Cheshire Cheese just off
Fleet Street.

It's yet another Sam Smiths pub and is all old beams and narrow
doors. It may be a little similar to the Cittie of Yorke in this
respect.

And somewhere west of there along Fleet Street is the funny little
narrow pub. I've never been in it though so it may in fact be dull.